Sign in to follow this  
Ahmad

So You Think You're Fast? AC Hotlap Challenge: McLaren MP4/4 @ Monaco '88

Sounds like a plan.  I'll start something up on Monday - unless you fancy doing it?.   Just create a post and a snapshot of the times to get us started :)

Interestingly, I've been utilising Hockenheim 1988 and Monaco 88 for something to do with this car..... But i'll leave that for now ;) i may sneak some laps in ;) 

Nice banker, I've done a few 'get to know you again' laps, it's been a while. How do you remove the barrier magnets from the wings? I think that may help me.....:nope:

Oh cool, I missed SYTYF.  My rig will be in pieces until next week, but I may break out the gamepad for the laptop, just to get on the board.   :)

1:24.1 is pretty darn quick.  Not sure about a banker lap; more like a walk away with it lap.  I suppose not though; still way too early.  I am still 3 solid seconds away.  I had difficulty adding you on Steam; so nothing official yet.

Can you imagine MP in the MP4/4 at Monaco with 15+ cars?  It would have to be an MR A++ rated room to get a third of the cars over the finish line.  It would be fun though.  When I read on F1 forums about the hatred of racing at Monaco; I don't think they are understanding the challenge of just getting across the line.  Not that crossing a finish line is as fun to watch as passing, but there needs to be some level of appreciation for the challenge of the track itself.  A few laps in AC in that car around the harbor bring that home for me.

I confirmed you on Steam but you didn't show up on the Friends Leaderboard, maybe your lap was invalid or you didn't have penalties set to On (check the Friends Leaderboard app for times).

I've been obsessed with Monaco since Formula 1 '96 on the Playstation, my favourite track (this one, not the modern let's move the barriers 10 feet away version), it's strangely relaxing once you get into the groove.

sorry for missing this one

not much time for simracing lately, and this combo was a bit too hard for me to 'arrive and drive'

How about one of the new cars on the Blackcat county course, should keep things on a pretty level playing field.

I really enjoyed the last combo, but I didn't really have the time to bring that delta down. The combination of car and track were a steep learning curve to be sure. 

23 minutes ago, Bokononist said:

How about one of the new cars on the Blackcat county course, should keep things on a pretty level playing field.

I really enjoyed the last combo, but I didn't really have the time to bring that delta down. The combination of car and track were a steep learning curve to be sure. 

Mustang?

Mustang sounds good Darren. Happy with that, I've had a busy week so I've only had half an hour in the new version in which I drove the Corvette, but I think it's a great idea. Mustang at Black Cat County, anyone else up for it?

But how long is the Black County track? I heard it was pretty long. Anyway I'm up for it if that's what you guys wanna do, let's get this series rolling again.

Not sure how long the full version is but I went online and drove a ciruit version that had the Corvette, Stingray Yellowbird and the Abarth, IIRC the ballpark was around 2.40-2.50. Long but not overly so, I think that a sub 2.30 could be in order. We'll see.

Are we driving there as on race track, from apex to apex? Or as on public road and stay on right* side of the road? :popcorn:

*) of course we could agree that for players from UK and Australia we allow that left side would be the right one :neaner:

17 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Are we driving there as on race track, from apex to apex? Or as on public road and stay on right* side of the road? :popcorn:

*) of course we could agree that for players from UK and Australia we allow that left side would be the right one :neaner:

If I didn't know you better I would think you were joking, maybe someone could mod a few more roads like this one, some trucks cop cars and we can play Smokey and the Bandit.........

Sure, I am joking. But honestly I don't get the reason behind building this kind of 'tracks' for AC. I guess such a thing is must have when you go on consoles.

I think a road course makes perfect sense in a sim with so many road cars, the only thing that doesn't make sense is that it is a fantasy course and not a real piece of road. 

Don´t mind fantasy tracks. Did some driving there yesterday times was above 4 minutes. First with the ford Mustang and the Corvette C7 but god I hate those gearboxes I don´t want to do that micro :(. Then found a server with proper race cars got a lotus elise carbon or something with a variety of cars with much higher top speed but often slower through the corners good fun.

It´s a good track some hairpins I don´t know how you get through I guess you must map the handbrake. 

3 hours ago, Bokononist said:

:bump:

Are we going to get this one going or what? I may set a lap tommorow to get it started.

Yup, i'll kick things off tomorrow. :)

You guys might need to help out by updating the leaderboard occasionally.  I've got a lot going on at the moment so i won't be around to babysit the thread as often as usual :(

I'm sure we can cope with that, obviously we can't update top post, but we've done it plenty of times before. Let the fun begin. The fact that no-one knows the track should make it interesting :)

New thread, sounds like Darren will start it tommorow, but when you set a time update it with your screenshot of the Friends app.

13 minutes ago, Bokononist said:

New thread, sounds like Darren will start it tommorow, but when you set a time update it with your screenshot of the Friends app.

Sweet thanks for the quick reply!