Sign in to follow this  
SkateZilla

Forza Motorsport / Turn 10 Moving to Windows 10

With today’s update, we're bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3. This full list:

· Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
· Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
· Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
· Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
· Thrustmaster T300RS
· Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
· Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
· Thrustmaster T150
· Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
· Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
· Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Note that there are additional wheels that we plan on bringing on board soon, notably Fanatec products such as the ClubSport V2 Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Support for these Fanatec wheels will be arriving in Apex beginning in late September, with updates for both Windows 10 and Apex. In addition, H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future. 

Guess I wait a bit longer.....

kludger   

Great news, going to give Apex a try with my TX Wheel tonight, was already planning to purchase FH3, but this is just icing on the cake, here's hoping they also add support for triple monitor resolutions.

nhill40   

Anyone try it out with a wheel yet?  I took the time/trouble to install the Windows anniversary patch (barf) and install the game last night, but didn't have a chance to fire it up.

I'm hearing really mixed reviews - some are saying the wheel support is a joke, but others seem to be having a good time with it.

kludger   

I haven't had a chance to try it either, but I expect the wheel support will be identical to what it is on XB1 which is ok but nothing spectacular compared to what we're used to on PC Sims.

On XB1, Turn10 didn't really have much competition from other sims that support a wheel, and there's not a ton of players with wheels, so they could get by with passable support all this time, but now that they're on PC people will have higher expectations especially for the Forza Motorsport titles which are supposed to be sim.

I'm hoping T10 raises their game on the wheel support.

One other thing that may affect it too is Forza physics tend to feel like a car driving on glass, good grip until it starts to slide and then the slide is pretty quick, I eventually get used to it, but most PC sims tend to have more progressive grip when you start to slide, especially AC and that just feels more natural.

Oqvist   

My TX with stock pedals is not recognized in Forza Apex... Tried it a bit on my Xbox One did the Indianapolis endurance race. 100 laps of total bore wonder what they thought when they made that event? But there the wheel certainly put you in an advantage with a wheel.

kludger   

Do you have the pedals plugged into the wheel directly or to USB ?

I finally got a chance to try it and my G27 pedals are working fine plugged into the TX using an adapter.

Wheel support is working well, feels decent and similar to what I feel on XB1 by tweaking the Apex settings to reduce vibration and wheel damper and spring:

EZ5KC7X.png

Forza Horizon 3 Demo comes out Sunday 9/11/2016 at 5pm PT, looking forward to trying it.

nhill40   

After taking a few laps tonight, IMHO the wheel complaints are being drastically overblown.

FFB feels pretty damned good via my TX.  It's a bit on the simcade side in terms of feel, but I think that's intentional (and it's well-done).

Tried it w/ a TX at a Friends house, dunno where the complaining is coming from, it felt great to me,

Cant wait for the Fanatec Support to hit,

oh look I got a free Car for Playing FM6 on the Free Weekend, Ford GT LM....... lol

Shoot when I Installed FM6, I had like 20 million credits and 25+ cars waiting for me, and on my first "Roll" I got the 5 Million Dollar Car...

kludger   

Forza Horizon 3 Demo is out on XB1 and it's really fun.

Disappointingly the PC Win10 demo won't be available until after the Sept 27 release date.

I'll be picking this up on XB1 and then hopefully switching over to Win10 once that version is available.

Oqvist   

I think you must get the Xbox One version? There is no specific for Windows 10 I believe so no reason to wait for that reason :)

kludger   

Yeah if you buy the digital version either on XB1 store or Win10 store you get both platform versions for no extra cost.

Supposedly the online functions will be crossplay as well between both platforms.

Oqvist   

Where an option for crossplay I noticed. Completed the demo not entirely convinced believe it will be the weakest in the series going by the demo. Not a big fan of driving through trees and hope you miss them by pure luck  though they make it easier by litterary allowing you to. Cars is planted on the road like crazy feels no need for TC at all and you are surprised when you have to brake for a corner. Sure it will be fun but no hurry getting it.

kludger   
5 hours ago, Oqvist said:

Where an option for crossplay I noticed. Completed the demo not entirely convinced believe it will be the weakest in the series going by the demo. Not a big fan of driving through trees and hope you miss them by pure luck  though they make it easier by litterary allowing you to. Cars is planted on the road like crazy feels no need for TC at all and you are surprised when you have to brake for a corner. Sure it will be fun but no hurry getting it.

Yeah I'm not a fan of driving offroad in sportscars, only in the offroad vehicles where then it's very fun.

Which vehicle did you try and were you using a wheel or controller? So far from trying both the GT350 and the Silvia, I'm able to get lots of wheelspin in the lower gears and enjoying the drifting using controller.

Did you enjoy the previous Horizon titles? what is making you think this is the weakest in the series?

Oqvist   

Off road was more fun in FH 2 but I pretty much sticked with the official tracks as those generally should be the most thought out... 

I did run the GT 350 mostly and have to work incredibly hard to get the wheelspin going. That Lamborghini wasn´t that much better either. I don´t run clutch just manual gears. 

Yeah I run all the previous. FH 2 is quite fresh I just started with it again some weeks ago and is still not finished with it. I got the regular and storm island cups though. Also running FM 6 currently. FH 2 is what I mainly compare FH 3 with and there is a big difference in grip levels.

Nothing really striked me as better then FH 2 and on first glimse the driving model and track layouts did not impress.  Only run my Xbox elite controller :)  

kludger   

Ah good info.

I agree with you about that first Lamborghini you drive in the demo, it does drive like it's on rails, but I hoped that was just because it's a demo and they don't want to lose people so early in the demo. The GT350 I've enjoyed but I do look forward to being able to add more power via tuning.

I'll have to give FH2 a revisit and compare the handling, you could be on to something.

Xbox One Runs Windows 10 Kernel and DX12.. It's Essentially a Preset Hardware Configuration w/ Custom UI.

Windows 10 Versions are literally the same game w/ a few extra menu options enabled before changing the Visual Studio Compile option from Xbox One x86-64 to Windows 10 x86-64.

In all honesty, the newest Visual Studio SDK's prolly have a UWA Compile option. so you compile once, and if the software detects a Xbox One Hardware Code on start up, it locks the PC Options/Removes them.

I'm no where near done:
w/ Forza Horizon (Xbox 360), I have about half of the outpost challenges left
w/ Forza Horizon II (Xbox One), I barely got 1/4 of the way through
w/ Forza Horizon Fast and Furious, Prolly got most of the way through it.
w/ Forza 5, Forget it, Cant do it without my steering wheel
w/ Forza 6, Same as Above.

OOOh,

I also Got a FH3 Code to get a Free Halo Warthog...

Now i just need them to support my Fanatec Wheel on PC for me to drive while playing the halo theme.

kludger   

If it's like Forza Apex, in Surround mode it ignored my side monitors and just displayed 1080p in my center one...

Hopefully T10 will add triple monitor support in the future.

Patiently waiting for it to unlock for us non-ultimate peons on Tue, while ultimate owners started playing today.