Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doug Atkinson

Darren announces his new track: VIR

18 posts in this topic

Pretty cool, though one of my least favourite tracks of all time.

Not my favorite either to be honest. Although I do spend a great deal of time out in the very large green parking lots :)

Ya, iRacing really made me hate the track. You go off an inch and you slide away on the ice grass.

Track looks absolutely beautiful, can't wait to give it a go!! 

Yeah, it's one of those tracks people love or hate but this version is much friendlier i promise.   it's a lot of fun to race on :)

More screenies soon.

Sorry Darren, I did not mean to denigrate your efforts. I look forward to driving the track. 

Looking forward to it.

I wonder if I manage to destroy rear tyres on SLS quicker than Jeremty Clarskson did :popcorn:

Not a track I was aware of, having looked it up on the net it seems to have no less than 5 configurations, are you planning to implement all of them Darren?

Knowing Darren I can expect he will even replicate access routes, parking lots and walking paths to plastic toilet boxes ... so we are safe with multiple track configurations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Piotr is right :P

All five configurations are done plus two 'legacy' layouts which aren't used anymore.  Seven in total :)

Very cool, hope to be heading to the RL version at the end of the month

1 hour ago, Darren_Blythe said:

Piotr is right :P

All five configurations are done plus two 'legacy' layouts which aren't used anymore.  Seven in total :)

Awesome, have they made it easier now to include multi configurations? I believe it was a PITA before with unnecessary duplication of work. 

3 hours ago, Piotr said:

Knowing Darren I can expect he will even replicate access routes, parking lots and walking paths to plastic toilet boxes ... so we are safe with multiple track configurations :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Which reminds me I saw the gymkhana video of Barbagello but I never tried it, I may well have to try that one later.:ahoy: 

Just logged into the AC forums to have a peek...sweet fancy moses this looks gorgeous!  The attention to detail is absolutely stunning - Darren, you truly have a talent.

My lone lament is that my love of Automobilista has put a strain on my relationship w/AC to the point where I've semi-seriously thought of calling it quits with AC altogether, but honestly this track might pull me back in.