Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
F19_CoNa

R3E update

19 posts in this topic

Just released, and hopefully we will se the new content soon.

Release notes:

• Added new content that will be released very soon.

• Downshift prevention logic implemented. Sequential gearbox will refuse to downshift if revs are going to end up above the limiter. H-Pattern gearbox will try and engage the gear and fail until revs are lower.

• Tyres of the DTM 2015 cars will pick up Dirt & Gravel when driving off-track, reducing grip on the affected tyres until they’re clean again. Game will play a sound effect of pebbles hitting the car body that will reduce as tyres become clean again.

• Added new things in Shared Memory block. Check our forum for details and link to updated github rep.

• Removed exclusivity of certain Experiences. All content is now accessible and usable in the main R3E.

• Added a new argument “-disableReplay” that can be added in Launch options on steam to disable replay recording.
  • Fixed an issue where you start in the wrong car when number of cars is more than the visible cars set in options.

• Fixed an issue with not being able to select each car when number of cars is more than the visible cars set in options.

• Improved random grid position so it’s now really random.

• Implemented a new shadow system that improves performance and visuals.

• Fixed an issue with time left where it was returning the session duration if the session hadn’t started yet.

• Fixed an issue with drivetrain wobbling out of control when in Novice or when TC is 100%

• Fixed so the shifts without clutch in semiautomatic transmissions are damage free.

• Fixed an issue in audio where the coast backfire sound wasn’t stopping in some cases.

• Fixed an issue with cars behaving jerky in novice mode by smoothening the brake and throttle changes when brake assist is applied.

• Fixed an issue with the TV cameras where you could see a couple of seconds of a wrong one.when switching to TV Cam.

• Allowed use of handbrake regardless of track being hillclimb or not

• Various HUD tweaks on areas where text would often not fit the given frame/field.

• Optimized motion blur

• Made changes how frequency and damping are affected by gear ratios, to increase oscillation effect in higher gears

• Removed oscillation from differential distribution on driven wheels, to normalize torque output a bit

• Added an option to load opponent cockpits (Video/Custom Settings)

• Reverted a drivetrain tweak that was done to differential torque

• Fixed an issue where the order on the left hand side of position bar was reversed.

• Fixed an issue where the shortened names were being used despite having enough space for it in the position bar.

• Tweaked G25 & G27 FFB values in default profiles.

• Fixed DRS animation not working after rewinding in replays.

• Fixed game video playback issues that were causing the experience menus to get slow and sluggish after a while.

• Fixed an issue where the players could not resume their lap if they opened the pause menu after session timer reached 0.

Multiplayer

• Added full name, total time, finish status and lap information such as time, position and pit stop status to race result logs.

• Fixed a crash that occurred to everyone in the race if one of the participants had a name longer than 32 characters which was exceeding the buffer and causing issues in replay creation.

• Fixed an issue with players not seeing each other outside of P2P zone.

• Fixed mp dedi front end not loading properly on Internet Explorer.

Audio & Physics & AI & Camera

Aquila CR 1 Sports GT

• Physics update, now mounted with a 4.0L V8 BMW M60 engine

Silhouette Class

• Physics update, now have actual Silhouette specs

• Canhard R51: 3.5L V6 normally aspirated (New sound!)

• Canhard R52: 2.5L Inline-5 Turbo charged

• Cougar C14-1: 1.8L Inline-4 Turbo charged

• Cougar C14-2: 3.0L V6 Turbo charged

BMW M1 Procar
Massive physics update

GTR3 Class:
Massive physics update

AUDI 90 QUATTRO:
External sounds improved and pitch note increased

Hockenheim:

• Merged cut rules between amateur, novice and get real

• Tuned AI speed for latest code changes

• Fixed bad AI behaviour in the exit of hairpin

Norisring:

• Tweaked AI logic to limit wall-hitting behavior

A selection of cars have received additional onboard cameras (accessible with HOME key)

Art

Tracks:

• Zolder: reduced bumps

• Hockenheimring:

Curbs tweaked and adjusted (they were way too high)

Gravel texture update

Ravenol is now the sponsor on the oil bottle on pitbuilding

Fixed some fences clipping into ground

Fixed missing collisions with fence between T12-13 and also at entry of pitlane

• Spa-Francorchamps:

Removed unsafe escape road in the middle of the Raidillon

Adjusted and added some missing road entries/runoffs and some green curbs.

Tweaked height of some curbs.

Added marshals at pit entry

Tweaked blend stripes.

Various bug fixes and changes

• Paul Ricard:

Some performance boost by fixing the 2d audience that was casting shadows and optimizing some meshes. Also fixed some steel fence collisions

• Moscow: Performance optimization

Cars:

• Silhouette class: New colors

• Mercedes C63 DTM 2015: Added Dekra sticker on side rear windows
  • Corvette Greenwood: Fixes to visual damage model
  • Nissan Silvia: Fixed visuals for front brake calipers

• Audi V8 DTM: Fixed tail lights
  • Volvo 240: Filled some hole in cockpit
  • BMW 635 CSI: Hip replacement for the driver so his feet don't clip through the floor
  • Citroen C Elysee 2014: Side mirrors UV’s were not straight

Portal & Backend

• Default livery is no longer forced upon purchase. Player can now choose a livery to go with the car.

• Cleared all the leaderboard due to physics changes and downshift prevention implementation.

• Removed season passes from portal and the checks associated with them.

• Removed Pixlr screenshot editing tool.

• Changed so that all the external URL’s are opened externally (new tab in a browser, steam browser in game).

• Shortened the registration form by removing some fields.

• Various fixes to the championship in portal.

• Fixed a small exploit that allowed players to use an unpurchased car after leaving test drive.

• Fixed user not getting redirected from the experience after a competition, if he/she did not own the experience.

• Fixed horizontal scrollbar appearing on purchase popups.

• Added subcategories in cart.

• Tidied up purchased content page.

Wow!!!!

GT3 cars is now awsome to drive with, great update!!!

Time for a new update. NS to be released soon now.

They released the Audi TT Cup cars today.

A really nice car to drive I must say. With P2P and not that much to do with the settings I think races with these will be close and fun.

Anyone up for a race?

Anyone can give me a shortcut on how to get FFB setting? I am on T500 now.

Tried the latest of RRE and stock FFB settings are just too way of what I like. I did not have time experiment with seetings. Maybe someone already did it and shared findings somewhere? :yep:

As much as I'd like to try this out further, I missed the window of opportunity I had to get the Euro track pack, so I've only got like 4 tracks... What I've tried is quality but there's not enough game unless I spend more, and that's not happening anytime soon... So I'll be on the sidelines of anything planned until that changes...

11 hours ago, Piotr said:

Anyone can give me a shortcut on how to get FFB setting? I am on T500 now.

Tried the latest of RRE and stock FFB settings are just too way of what I like. I did not have time experiment with seetings. Maybe someone already did it and shared findings somewhere? :yep:

I know awhile back there were plenty of postings for a number of different wheels on the Sector3 forums. I'd start there. That's where I found mine many months ago.

(I'm using the TX 458)

23 minutes ago, Pumbaa666 said:

As much as I'd like to try this out further, I missed the window of opportunity I had to get the Euro track pack, so I've only got like 4 tracks... What I've tried is quality but there's not enough game unless I spend more, and that's not happening anytime soon... So I'll be on the sidelines of anything planned until that changes...

The Euro track pack is a good one. It's a shame you missed out on the deal they had for Black Friday (i.e. all content for $49.99).

But, I'm confused. You said you got the Euro track pack and it's only 4 tracks? By my count, the Euro track pack is 14 tracks.

The American Track pack is only about $7 and includes the Indy Road Course, Mid Ohio, Laguna Seca and Sonoma (all with multiple configs).

But, you can pick away by buying a car or track here or there. It's a lot cheaper than iRacing, that's for sure.

I would recommend:

Gr5 cars. Terrific fun.

DTM 1992

GTR3 cars range from about $2+ to $3+ (10 to choose from)

BMW M1 Procar Pack, about $5+ includes all liveries.

Daytona Prototype pack is under $3, I think and includes all liveries.

The best part is, of course, that you can try all/any car(s) for free with the Test Drive feature before you decide.

I didn't get the Euro track pack, I was just a little short due to the conversion when I thought I could a while ago...

I've got the WTCC and M1 and they're good, but with only the stock tracks and Bathurst I don't really have a lot of game to keep me giving it more than a quick race or 2..

The pricing model maybe better than iRacing, but then I'd say that it's impossible to do worse than iRacing's pricing model lol...

The Black Friday deal should really be a regular option, even for $90, this separate pack stuff took me ages to adjust to with SimRaceway, and I don't think that's even still going, I haven't touched it in years...

Either way I'm not going to put money into it unless it proves to be the leading simulation with good online grid numbers... Over the coming months I'm just not going to have the spare cash anyway...

Besides I don't want to hold people back from racing it by keeping them confined to stock tracks and Bathurst, people don't show for Bathurst races as it is, let alone if they'd have to pay for the track.. So I'll sit back and see how you guys go with it numbers wise and see what I can do in a few months..

Personally, I'm still waiting for the open wheelers - I could easily picture myself investing quite a bit of time/money into R3E if those ever come about...

There will be two more cars released this or next week.

Bentley GT3 and possibly the GP2 Formula cars

20100202489_de5d378897_k.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the Bentley GT3 car.

I'm on the fence about my interest in the open wheelers. I enjoyed them only sporadically in the older SimBin titles and I don't spend too much time with them in my other sims. Although I do enjoy some of the historic open wheelers in sims like rFactor, PCars and GSCE. But mostly I'm a tin-top fan (more specifically GT cars).

But, overall I do like what Sector 3 has to offer. There's tons of content and, yeah, it'll cost a small fortune to buy it all, but you don't have to buy it all.

The R18 is really looking great. Good thinking of them to balance the fictional lmps with it so we will get P1 and P2 classes.

P1: Audi R18 / DMD P20 / Mistral M530
P2: Chevrolet Daytona Prototype / DMD P21 / Mistral M531 / Radical SR9 Judd / Radical SR9 AER

http://www.virtualr.net/r3e-new-audi-r18-previews

I wonder when we will get the next build and what of the resently previewed content that will be released and which of the already released will get updates.

Time again for updates, this time.... 1.1Gb

Yes, the Gr5 cars now has the latest tyres and updates. DRM anyone :D

Note 1:
We understand that some of our players are experiencing crashes when loading into or during game session in Nordschleife. While we have made some optimizations it is still possible that you may experience crashes due to memory allocation failure. If this occurs, you can try the following to reduce the overall memory usage.

• Disable replay recording. This is done by adding -disableReplay to Steam Launch Options.

• Turn Opponent cockpit off in Video Settings.

• Reduce Track and Car Texture Quality in Video Settings.

• Reduce Shader and Car Reflection Quality in Video Settings.

Note 2:
As with any physics update of already released cars, we strongly recommend that you reset the CAR SETUP and the STEERING SETTINGS to their default values!

Update Highlights:

• Fixed the join lag in multiplayer

• Unlocked bigger grids for everyone in dedicated servers

• Chat messages in MP are now yellow and allow 156 characters

• Group 5 class physics update

• Ford Mustang GT3 moved to GTR3 class

Game:

• Fixed an issue with game finding wrong camera in pitlane.

• Fixed so game gets properly paused in singleplayer race monitor if the user opens the steam overlay.

• Fixed a crash that could occur during loading.

• Reduced memory usage when loading into a track.

• Fixed an issue in Garage menu where FFB remained active

• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to use lower fuel quantities in Leaderboard Challenges and Competitions.
    • Due to this exploit we will soon remove entries that were created since the exploit was introduced.
  • Fixed an issue in pitstops where it would take extra 3-4 seconds after confirming 0L fuel or if the pit stop preset had no fuel needed. The game now it checks if fuel will be added, if not it cancels that action. If it was the only action, whole pitstop is cancelled.

• Fixed cars full throttling at pitstops.

• Fixed an issue where players were getting cut track penalties at pit entry.

• Added missing fallback pages for DTM 2015 that was causing infinite black screen at launch for players when they failed to get the online loading screen.

• Fixed issue with compact data display being positioned incorrectly on different aspect ratios.

• Added default profiles and wheel ranges for Thrustmaster 150 and TMX wheels.

• Added proper filtering to car setup load/save system.

• Restyled the car setup a little.

• Fixed an issue that was causing a crash at launch if the player had an older version of graphics.xml

• Fixed header formatting for certain system backend requests that might reduce certain timeouts.

Multiplayer:

• Fixed the severe freeze that occurred in MP when another player joins.

• Added Bigger grids to player dedicated servers.
    • Please note the max opponent allowed depends on your track rotation. E.g. If you have a track that only has 24 slots in your rotation, that will be your max opponent allowed overall, despite having a track that goes up to 100. This is to ensure no one gets kicked out/disconnects when they choose to continue to next track. If you want 100 cars you have to make sure not to include a track with less grid slots available.

• Please also note that the game becomes quite laggy after 40. While we will look into optimizing things, you should avoid setting a track with more than 35-40 opponents.

• Fixed so the player is put on the Garage menu after pressing and holding ESC instead of having to press and hold ESC twice

• Increased chat message max length to 156.

• Changed message area/box text color to yellow so it’s more readable if background is white.

Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:

• Group 5 class : Physics update, sounds adjusted. Due to the physics update the leaderboards of these cars are wiped.

• WTCC 2015 class : BOP adjustment in preparation of TCOne, AI tweaks

• Ford Mustang GT3 : Moved to GTR3 class, physics & sound update

• GTO Classics Class : AI tweaks, improved fuel estimates

• Audi 90Q : Fixed cases where the car would fail to park into the pit spot.

• Audi R18 P1 : Removed the flame on backfires (Diesel…) and fixed a case where the suspension arms would break on front wheels when applying a high amount of steering

• Mistral 530 and DMD P20 : Fixed suspension arms breaking under high steering

• P4/5 Competizione : Added Downshift Prevention beep

• Hockenheim : Camera sets added

• Suzuka : Fixed incorrect spawn positions when using high amount of opponents

• Nordschleife - 24H layout : AI tweaks

• Shanghai : Fixed AI going too fast into the hairpin

Art:

• Bentley Continental GT3 : Approvals tweaks

• Group 5 class: Fixed holes in shadows

• Chevrolet Dekon Monza : Fixed some cockpit gauges

• Nissan Skyline 2000RS : Fixed tacho dial

• Ford GT GT3 : Fixed some blurps of pixels on the side mirrors

• Ford Mustang GT3 : Improved some old looking textures on the tail lights

• BMW M3 E30 : Wheels were not perfectly round, causing weird FFB signals

• Brands Hatch : Fixed a hole in the ground

• Hockenheim : Fixed a hole in the ground on the inside of Sachskurve

• Norisring : Fixed some normals on pitbuilding, tuned IGA banners for a better visual fit, tweaks to generics and props

• Salzburgring : Reduced grip, Moved tyre stacks a bit further away from the apex

• Zandvoort : Upped the maximum opponents to 32

Portal:

• Fixed an issue where players would get different total price depending on the order of packs in cart. Portal now always ensures player gets the highest discount regardless of order.

NOTE:
As with any physics update of already released cars, we strongly recommend that you reset the CAR SETUP and the STEERING SETTINGS to their default values!

We have seen a couple questions about what exactly is going into this Group 5 update.
What's better than taking the information straight from @Karsten Borchers and his development notes?

Here's what he had to say about the update:

DRM 1980, Porsche 935 and Zakspeed Capri (Division1) have set the baseline for power/weight/performance.
Like with previous classics, I try to make them as they were back in the day, so these run on big fat high slip angle bias slicks.
The Turbo armada have a great degree of Turbo lag, so you need to anticipate when they kick. Get the power, and the right amount going, and the 'correct' point in the corner, to have the power available when you really need. Feel too safe and open the taps too early, while still having a certain degree of steering lock going, and they will fishtail very fast.
All cars have a 2nd final ratio, a shorter one, to quickly change for low speed tracks.

Fabcar 935
The data used for this one has been Porsche 935/77, 935/78 and Kremer K series. Had good data on this one, so based on their aero, wheelrates, damper rates, and weight distribution (empty and full fueled) I had a good guideline for the rest of the cars.
The Fab is understeering, so you dont want to force it into the corners. Let it bite, deploy the massive power at the right time, and it just squats and launches out of the corners. Speed is its strength.

• 3.2L Flat 6, Twin Turbo
  • 800hp @ 8000
  • 795Nm @ 5500
  • 4 speed gearbox. Ratios available are from the Porsche 915 transmission.
  • Spool differential, so 100% locked.
  • RWD
  • 1025 kg empty
  • 39/61 weight distribution. 44/56 fueled and battle ready.
  • 120 liter fuel tank, located above front axle.
  • Downforce based on the 935/78 and Kremer K3 figures.
  • 720/20 steering, with a 2.8 FFB Multi

Zakspeed Capri, Division 1
Lacks the power compared to the Fabcar, but makes up for it in the corners and under braking. Very nimble car that loves to be thrown around. And yes, it has positive rear camber ;)

• 1.7L Inline 4, Single Turbo (it ran both twin and single, but they had too many problems with the twin configuration)
  • 600hp @ 9000
  • 482Nm @ 6500
  • 5 speed gearbox. Ratios reused from Porsche 915, just tailored to this one.
  • 90% lock differential.
  • RWD
  • 830 kg empty
  • 51/49 weight distribution. 45/55 fueled and battle ready.
  • 110 liter fuel tank, located behind rear axle.
  • Has a little more downforce than the Fab. The additional downforce coming from the huge venturi.
  • 720/20 steering, with a 2.9 FFB Multi

BMW 320 Turbo
Based on the North American version (GTX), McLaren BMW 320 Turbo, that was running against the Porsche 935's, so it was running with a lot more power, compared to its European counterparts, that were running in Division 2 spec.

• 2.0L Inline 4, Single Turbo
  • 650hp @ 9000
  • 521Nm @ 6700
  • 90% lock differential.
  • RWD
  • 875 kg empty
  • 52/48 weight distribution - Div 2 had 50/50, so considering bigger engine and more plumbing, I gave it 2 more forward. 46/54 fueled and battle ready.
  • 110 liter fuel tank, located behind rear axle.
  • Has a little more front downforce than the Fab, but same rear amount.
  • 720/20 steering, with a 2.8 FFB Multi

Nissan Skyline 2000RS Turbo
Japanese ran their Gr 5's in the Silhouette series, and it seems their regulations were a tad bit different, when looking at the specifications. Their power/weight ratio didn't come close to the other Gr 5 series, so I had to wind up the boost a little to compensate.
The car is a bit of a odd bird, in the sense that it has a fairly long wheelbase and quite a narrow track (identical front and rear), with tiny frontwheel and massive rearwheels, so was quite hard to solve the handling on this one.

• 650hp @ 7600 (570hp org spec)
  • 618Nm @ 6400 (539Nm org spec)
  • 90% lock differential.
  • RWD
  • 1005 kg empty
  • 50/50 weight distribution. 45/55 fueled and battle ready.
  • 110 liter fuel tank, located behind rear axle, and sits very high, so you feel it slapping around.
  • Has a little less downforce than the Capri, so 2nd most in class.
  • 720/20 steering, with a 2.6 FFB Multi

Nissan Silvia Turbo
The Silvia is a very balanced car, with some mid-engine characteristics, so good traction, a little slow on turnin, but good out of corners and in long sweepers. Compared to the Skyline, the Silvia has a shorter wheelbase and much wider track, so it sits well in the corners. Is using the same engine as the Skyline, but its putting 45kg more on the scale, and has less downforce, so to compensate its a low drag car, and it runs nearly as fast as the draggy Fabcar down Döttinger Höhe.

• 650hp @ 7600 (570hp org spec)
  • 618Nm @ 6400 (539Nm org spec)
  • 90% lock differential.
  • RWD
  • 1050 kg empty
  • 49/51 weight distribution. 44/56 fueled and battle ready.
  • 110 liter fuel tank, located behind rear axle, and sits quite a bit back.
  • Not as much downforce as the Skyline, but has superior drag.

Chevrolet Dekon Monza
Exists in many different configurations, both engine/drivetrain and body work. For this one I settled for the 650 hp 6.0L version, cause I simply needed the power to make it perform like the rest of the Gr 5's. Also had to slim it down 60kg. A lot of power on instant delivery, so use the throttle with some caution.
Regarding the transmission, both 4 and 5 speed were used. I just found the 4 speed suited it best, with this powerful engine

• 6.0L V8
  • 650hp @ 7200
  • 753Nm @ 5000
  • 4 speed gearbox.
  • Standard open Corvette differential, with a massive pre-load spring.
  • RWD
  • 1030 kg empty
  • 53/47 weight distribution. 49/51 fueled and battle ready.
  • 120 liter fuel tank, located behind rear axle.
  • In the middle of the pack with downforce.

Chevrolet Greenwood Corvette
Plenty of variants for this one too, so settled for one of latest, the 1977 model (is what our model is too). That's one chassis version earlier than the Supervette, who's engine I chose to shoehorn into this one. Had too, cause the 700hp (1974-76) version wasn't enough.
This car is all about straight line speed. Power isn't so hard to get in the ground, as long as you use some common sense, and dont just smash the pedal. Especially when coming back on the gas again.
Braking is like a train compared to the others. Same overall brake effect (all cars have that), and this one is 500kg heavier than the Zakspeed, so that gives you an idea. Plus it reaches the corners at quite the speed.

• 9.8L V8
  • 900hp @ 6800
  • 1093Nm @ 4000
  • 4 speed gearbox.
  • Standard open Corvette differential, with a massive pre-load spring.
  • RWD
  • 1309 kg empty
  • 54/46 weight distribution. 49/51 fueled and battle ready.
  • 120 liter fuel tank, located way behind rear axle.
  • Barely any downforce. Some in the rear.
  • 720/20 steering, with a 2.0 FFB Multi

Fuel consumption

Approx 50 min is a good rule of thumb. Doing low 20's on Spa, the spread between them for me, is 52m22s to 52m48s.
As per usual, it all depends on track and driver.

Its set by 0.7L / Km, that I picked up in a DRM (1980 or 81) race video, using the Capri (110L). The two 120 liter cars are then using a little bit more, so that they all do just about the same distance.

That's just above 7 laps around the regular Nordschleife. Back in the day, the most powerful Div 1 DRM cars, even struggled to complete 7 laps on the back then 22.8km long Nurburgring. So it is able to run 7 laps on the 24H layout, but only just about :)

Tyre wear

Tyre wear has been set to match fuel burn. So as they wear and grip reduces, you might want to show some more throttle caution, or you will just wear them even quicker. Goes fast suddenly, if not somewhat careful.
Varies depending on track. Low grip track will have quite a lot more wear than a high grip track.

Some more updates:

Fixed a typo in the DTM 2015 loading screen fallback folder.

Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:

• Fixed an issue where the player car would park for its pitstop but no pitstop action would take place.

• Bentley Continental GT3: Fixed chase camera

• Brands Hatch: Maximum opponent increased to 34 vehicles (TCOne)

• Hockenheim: New TV cameras

• Nuerburgring Short layout: Maximum opponent increased to 40 vehicles (TCOne)

• Oschersleben: Fixed a wrong fuel consumption that resulted in AI pitting around the last lap of a race

• Salzburgring: Maximum opponent increased to 32 vehicles (TCOne)

• Suzuka West layout: Maximum opponent increased to 34 vehicles (TCOne)

Art:

• Brands Hatch: Fixed a hole in the ground

• Hockenheim: Fixed various holes in alternative layouts

• Salzburgring: Reduced grip, moved tyre stacks a bit further away from apex (TCOne)

• Zolder: Fixed some bumps

• Formula RaceRoom 2: Fixed shiny tyres when viewed from a distance

• Formula RaceRoom Junior: Improved shadows

Seems lke a hell lot off work is done here!

Great work! 

Yes, there is a lot of progress now.

Tatuus F4 is being released this week (Thursday probably) also.